Clear Skies is a simple rock ballad utilizing straight eighth notes (the best way to begin the study of jazz.) Seventh chords and dynamic shaping are introduced in the Preparatory Exercises. The improvisation approach is based on melodic embellishment.
Clear Skies is the third tune in the Jazz Vision Series of medium-easy, progressive, educational charts for the young jazz musician. It is based on research on Multiple Learning Styles realizing that the majority of learners are visual dominant and will learn jazz best by seeing how it is actually played. Click on “Jazz Vision Series Description” for complete information.
Every tune in this series includes:
– one page of Preparatory Exercises of skills used in the tune
– the Tune with an optional open chorus for solos
– one page Improvisation Sheet with exercises on scales & chords and sample solos
– Appropriate Drum Set patterns for the style of the Tune
– Accompaniment Tracks
– XML files for use with SmartMusic or MusicFirst
Buy all 4 tunes in Collection 1 for the price of 3 – $120. Click here for Collection 1 Package.